Author: Shao Yushan.
Functional (operational) therapist.
The main lecturer of warm Star "Shao Yushan's Home sense course"
On June 17, Mr. Shao recorded:
The American Autism Development Center (NPDC) released evidence-based medicine to support the inclusion of five interventions, including the long-debated "sensory integration".
Moments have been brushed since a few hours ago, because finally out of breath, slapped a lot of people in the face, so many teachers celebrate on the screen like a carnival in moments.
Coincidentally, last night I just posted an article with a little indignation and no nutrition to complain, and today I saw the good news about the theory of sensibility. .
As soon as I received this message, I immediately shared it with my friends in the studio and immediately downloaded the original text of more than 100 pages. According to reason, I should feel very happy, yes, "according to reason".
It can be expected that the next sensory class from the closed circle will set off a commercial publicity. Teachers, don't be happy too early. In China, there are very few people who can really achieve the effective intervention mentioned in the original text, but there are more businessmen who smell business opportunities. Mr. Shao, who is also a businessman, has been thinking about this since dinner, so he decided to get up and type this article.
I want to tell you what the real sensual system is. Teach parents and fledgling teachers to recognize that what you think the sensual system is may not be the real sensibility system. .
Picture provenance authorization 123RF.com.
According to the table published in the original text, it tells you that sensory integration is helpful to the "social communication, cognition, adaptability and movement" of autistic children, but do you really think that walking the balance beam and jumping off the bed for one hour can make an autistic child socially better, communicate with you, and improve his cognition? .
Come on, you'll only make him more stubborn and more autistic. And for such an unskilled activity, why don't you just buy yourself a trampoline? why do you have to spend money on classes? It is easier for Mr. Shao to become a teaching aids manufacturer.
Improve and promote children's ability to participate in society.
There is one important point in the intervention principle of sensory integration: "sensory integration is to improve and promote children's ability to participate in society."
What is social participation? The first thing is to find out what diseases and abilities your child has, what are the problems in his family and school, and what his current abilities are interfering with his life (school, family). We are trying to make him feel better in order to participate in these lives, not to make him learn to jump trampoline and skateboard.
Gantong emphasizes interaction with the environment, and autism also has interaction problems, but parents and teachers, you don't need to use your head to know what interaction ability can be increased by playing with equipment all the time.? .
Picture provenance authorization 123RF.com.
What needs to be done in the goal planning of sensory therapy?
According to the requirements of Ayers' sensory integration fidelity, you must do the following ten points in order to truly treat sensory integration therapy:
1. Therapists need to avoid danger and ensure the child's safety according to the child's ability.
two。. Tactile, vestibular and proprioceptive stimulation must be provided at least in the same activity during treatment (that is, one activity must have two senses, otherwise it is not called integration, so playing on the swing for an hour does not count and brushing does not count).
3. The child can maintain / stabilize the state through the activities provided by the therapist during the activity, including awakening and the degree of love / participation in the activity (that is, the child should like and can maintain good attention in the process).
4. During the activity, there are certain challenges to posture, vision, oral and facial and / or bilateral movement control (so it doesn't count if you let him lie on the ground and be pressed by you on the dragon ball).
5. Activities need to improve and challenge children's ability to use and organize behavior, such as conceiving activities, planning new activities, etc. (that is, you have to see your child thinking about what to do, not in a daze).
6. The therapist cannot be the leader of the activity. The content and sequence of the activity need to be chosen by the therapist and the child (anyway, I think this is the most difficult).
7. To give the "optimal challenge" difficulty level, you need to adjust the activity appropriately to increase the challenge (you have to constantly adjust the difficulty of the activity according to the whole course of the course).
8. Therapists should promote the success of activity challenges and produce adaptive responses.
9. The therapist should actively mobilize the child's inner drive, and the child shows active and pleasant participation in activities, including a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere, attractive game scenes, and enthusiastic teachers (I do this very well. I just often tire me half to death).
10. There is an "alliance" between the therapist and the child, working harmoniously and happily to achieve the goal (you and the child are partners, not teachers and students).
After watching these ten points, do you feel that your child's sensory class, or your own sensory class, is still far from being in line with the effective intervention of autism in evidence-based medicine (anyway, I myself have been working on it).
Finally, I hope that after today, the sense of unity in China will get better and better, rather than getting worse and worse. we want to be recognized by other schools, rather than relying solely on evidence-based medicine to prove it.
Finally, I would like to give you a word, not by me, but by Dr. Ayres, but this is my favorite sentence: